Vic is Co-founder and Director of Health Factors. His focus has been and continues to be on increasing the effectiveness of treatment for helping people overcome their mental health struggles, as well as developing effective resilience training to prevent or reduce the impact of mental health struggles. Health Factors programs includes:
- Alive for Wellness: An in-patient program for people working to overcome mental health struggles. (www.aliveforwellness.life/)
- The Resilient Mind: A training program that helps participants to that build their resilience. (www.theresilientmind.life/)
- MyOutcomes: A clinical tool that provides counselors and therapists evidence-based feedback of their clients’ progress, the therapeutic alliance and provides e-learning training modules to improve therapeutic effectiveness. (www.myoutcomes.com/)
Health Factors mental health products are used in 23 countries by both private and government clinics, insurance companies, and university clinical training programs. Health Factors has received the following awards and recognition:
- The United Kingdom Medipex NHS Innovation Award for the field of mental health and well-being in 2016.
- It has been placed on the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP).
- Benjamin Franklin publishing award for three publications.
- Approved as a supplier of mental health products to the US military and is used on more than seven military bases.
- Selected as a partner with the Mental Health Commission of Canada to promote guidelines for mental health in the workplace.
Prior to his current work at Health Factors, Vic:
- Served as Co-owner and publisher of the Alive Publishing Group, a health publishing company with distribution on three continents. One of their publications, the Alive Journal, was the largest read health publication in Canada and drew a readership of over 1 million readers each month.
- President of Columbia Group, a management consulting firm that focused on workplace human resources and stress management training. FULL BIO